Heart Failure Virtual Home Health Service
Returning home after a diagnosis of Heart Failure can be an overwhelming and confusing time. There is a lot of new information to learn and often new medications to navigate.
Ramsay Connect’s Heart Failure Virtual Home Health Service is designed to support individuals diagnosed with Heart Failure through helping them manage their symptoms and achieve or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
This 12-month service is co-ordinated by an experienced Heart Failure Nurse and provides access to a range of healthcare services in the privacy, safety, and comfort of your own home.
How does the Heart Failure Virtual Home Health Service work?
The service uses technology loaned to patients that will monitor vital signs and clinical information from home.
This information is transmitted to the service’s heart failure nurses and care team, who will work closely with each patient to monitor their clinical needs and support them to better understand and improve their condition and symptoms.
Throughout the service, the care team will help co-ordinate care between the patient’s GP, their treating heart specialist and other community services as required. This service aims to help patients get the care they need when they need it through access to a high-quality and co-ordinated health service.
Benefits of the service include:
- Provide care co-ordination, support, and advice through experienced Heart Failure Nurses who will be the key point of contact for patients, families, and carers.
- Allow the health care team to identify any changes in the patient’s condition through regular monitoring of vital signs and help manage those changes early to prevent the need to go to hospital.
- Provide support and education to truly understand what heart failure is.
- Create an individualised plan to help the patient manage the condition in the long-term.
- Provide guided exercise sessions with health care professionals to maintain fitness.
- Education to help improve the patient’s understanding of a healthy eating plan and lifestyle as well as how to manage day-to-day activities while living with heart failure.
- Provide support on how to manage emotions and stress.
- Assistance and advice with managing heart failure medications.
- Reduce the need for patients to travel and participate in activities in hospital or community-based settings.
How much does the Heart Failure Virtual Home Health Service cost?
There is currently no out-of-pocket cost for patients to participate in the service. However, please talk to the friendly Ramsay Connect team to find out more information on the details of the service.
How do I get started?
Patients will usually be referred to the Heart Failure Virtual Home Health Service during a hospital stay at a Ramsay Health Care hospital.
The decision to access the service should be made between the treating healthcare team and the patient. However, please talk to the friendly Ramsay Connect team to find out more information on eligibility requirements for the service.
Contact the Ramsay Connect team.