Ramsay Connect understands there’s no place like home. That’s why we’ve developed our Hospital Care at Home program – so that you have greater choice to leave hospital sooner and continue to receive care in the safety and comfort of your own home.
How does Hospital Care at Home work?
Instead of staying in hospital longer than necessary, you can choose to receive your care at home.
If you and your doctor agree that Hospital Care at Home is a good option for you, a healthcare professional or doctor at your hospital will make a referral to Ramsay Connect on your behalf.
A dedicated Ramsay Connect Care Coordinator will contact you to determine your eligibility for program funding and discuss your specific care needs. Your Care Coordinator will also liaise with your hospital staff or doctor.
Your Hospital Care and Home program may include:
- Nursing, to help with your individual requirements (e.g. wound care, IV antibiotics).
- Physiotherapy, to improve your, strength, balance, mobility and safety at home.
- Personal care, to help with showering and dressing.
- Home care, to help you with cleaning while you focus on your recovery.
- Meals, delivered to your home to assist in the early days after leaving hospital.
- Occupational therapy, to help you achieve independence and safety in activities of daily living, including dressing and showering.
While the Hospital Care at Home program does not arrange for a doctor to visit you in the home, your Care Coordinator will keep your doctor or surgeon informed of your progress throughout the program.
How much does Hospital Care at Home cost?
Ramsay Connect’s Hospital Care at Home program is funded through your private health insurance. If your health insurer has an arrangement to fund Ramsay Connect services, there will be no additional expense to you.
You can find out if your health insurer has an arrangement to fund Ramsay Connect services here.
How do I get started?
To access Ramsay Connect’s Hospital Care at Home, you will need a referral from a healthcare professional or doctor at your hospital to say that you are well enough to commence the program.
A Ramsay Connect Care Coordinator will then contact you to discuss your individual needs, determine your eligibility for funding and put the most suitable program and services in place for you.
Your services will begin within the first few days after leaving hospital.
For our Hospital Care at Home patient information brochure click here